“112 of our international contributors and colleagues” have cast their ballots in Sight & Sound‘s “best films of 2014” poll. S&S has their own links for each of the top twenty; below, click the titles to see what reviewers have been saying about each of the films since its premiere.
5. Jonathan Glazer’s Under the Skin.
8. Myroslav Slaboshpytskiy’s The Tribe.
=11. Mike Leigh’s Mr. Turner.
=11. Frederick Wiseman’s National Gallery.
=11. Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf of Wall Street.
15. Peter Strickland’s The Duke of Burgundy.
=16. Alejandro G. Iñárritu’s Birdman.
=16. Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne’s Two Days, One Night.
=18. Hayao Miyazaki’s The Wind Rises.
Update, 12/3: And now, the results of the readers poll:
- Under the Skin.
- The Wolf of Wall Street.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel.
- Lenny Abrahamson’s Frank.
- Dan Gilroy’s Nightcrawler.
- Horse Money.
- Goodbye to Language.
- Two Days, One Night.